From a cpt® coding perspective, if debridement or shaving of articular cartilage and meniscectomy are performed in the same compartment of the knee, then only code highlight Coding arthroscopic knee procedures - find-a-code articles.Accurately code knee procedures. address bundling issues to avoid questions of medical necessity. by margie scalley vaught, cpc, cpc-h, ccs-p, asc-or and ; m highlight Aaos bulletin - april, 2005.
Picture of Cpt code 29877 guidelines
Youtube video CPT Coding Tutorial | Removal of Loose Bodies and Arthroscopy. Watch the video.
Cc orthopaedic - karenzupko&associates, inc.. Learn about colonoscopy and endoscopy billing procedure methodologies. gi gastrointestinal endoscopy and colonoscopy preparation, complication and what happened after Colonoscopy endoscopy billing procedure.: june 2010.
- 29880 & 29877 - AAPC, 9 Aug 2017 Code description and AMA guideline on 29877 that if performed arthroscopic meniscectomy is inclusive in the 29880. NCCI Does not allow for any modifiers to bypass. You may want to look into G0289 From NCCI Manual: HCPCS code G0289 may be reported with CPT codes 29880 or 29881 only if
- Superb Tricks for CPT code 29881, 29880 and 29877 - Medical, 5 Nov 2017 Learn how to code knee arthroscopic procedure like CPT code 29881, 29880 and 29877. When to code chondroplasty with meniscectomy in knee arthroscopy.
- Learn the Essentials of Knee Arthroscopy Coding, 5 Oct 2017 CPT definitions and GSD and NCCI guidelines for payment are based on whether meniscal or other procedures are performed in one or multiple compartments. Meniscal repair codes do not include chondroplasty. Chondroplasty 29877 Arthroscopy, knee, surgical; debridement/shaving of articular cartilage
- Arthroscopic Lavage and Arthroscopic - United Healthcare, 10 May 2017 that may require coverage for a specific service. The inclusion of a code does not imply any right to reimbursement or guarantee claim payment. Other Policies and Guidelines may apply. CPT Code. Description. 29877. Arthroscopy, knee, surgical; debridement/shaving of articular cartilage. (chondroplasty).
- Q&A: NCCI edits and CPT Assistant | Revenue Cycle Advisor, 19 Jun 2017 While other payers may accept 29874-59 per CPT guidelines, CMS considers this part of the other procedure. NCCI Manual, Chapter 4, states: 6. CPT codes 29874 (Surgical knee arthroscopy for removal of loose body or foreign body) and 29877 (Surgical knee arthroscopy for debridement/shaving of
- 3 Critical Knee Arthroscopy Coding Pitfalls Impacting an ASC's, 31 Mar 2010 Coding guidelines: American Medical Association and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons: The AMA and AAOS allow the separate reporting of CPT 29879 in each of the three compartments of the knee whereas CPT 29877 may only be reported x 1 regardless of being performed in each of
- CC Orthopaedic - KarenZupko&Associates, Inc, October 19, 2017 Question: We are seeing payers ask for payment back when we use Modifier 80 for assistant surgeon. Is there a reason why they would take the payment back? Answer: Without additional information it is difficult to respond to your inquiry. First, Medicare has a list of surgical CPT codes where payment will
- Arthroscopic Knee Synovectomy - mdStrategies, CPT code 29875 is designated as a “separate procedure” therefore this code is reported by anatomical site (knee) - SEPARATE COMPARTMENT RULES DO NOT APPLY – so the synovectomy procedure would not be reported with a more extensive procedure in the same knee. For example: Physician performs medial
- 2012 CPT code changes for ASCs: Shoulder and knee scopes and, 30 Nov 2011 The AMA also revised arthroscopic knee meniscectomy codes 29880 and 29881 to include a debridement/chondroplasty procedure (code 29877) in the same Finally, AMA revised CPT code 77003 for fluoroscopic guidance and localization of needle or catheter tip for spine or paraspinous diagnostic or
- Breaking the ASC Codes, 12 Mar 2012 case as a meniscectomy—even if it was the only procedure performed in a knee compartment—it cannot be separately billed with chondroplasty code 29877,” Ellis explains. ”This policy applies for all payers, not just Medicare, because it is a change to the CPT guidelines rather than a payer requirement.”.
- Code Edit Policy and Guidelines - Center Care, 19 Aug 2013 We apply NCCI coding rules to knee arthroscopy procedures. CPT codes 29874 and. 29877 should not be reported with other knee arthroscopy codes (CPT codes 29866-. 29889) and a modifier will not override the NCCI incidental edit. HCPCS code G0289 must be used to report arthroscopies performed
- Medical Necessity Guidelines: Knee Arthroscopy - Tufts Health Plan, 13 Sep 2017 medial or lateral). 29877. Arthroscopy, knee, surgical; debridement/shaving of articular cartilage (chondroplasty). 29879. Arthroscopy, knee, surgical 4. Knee Arthroscopy - Surgical. ARTHROSCOPICALLY ASSISTED SURGERY, KNEE. The following CPT code(s) require prior authorization: Code.
- Knee Arthroscopy - Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, Reimbursement Policy: Knee Arthroscopy Effective Date: October 1, 2015 Purpose: To provide guidelines for the reimbursement of procedure codes for knee Procedure codes 29870, 29875, 29876 and 29877 will not be considered for separate reimbursement, but will be included within the primary procedure code,