Gingival enlargement is seen due to a large number of local and systemic factors with drugs being one of the common causative factors. drug induced gingival highlight Amlodipine induced gingival enlargement: a case report.Learn about the potential side effects of amlodipine. includes common and rare side effects information for consumers and healthcare professionals. highlight Amlodipine side effects in detail - drugs.com.
Picture of Gingival Lesions at University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Amlodipine gingival bleeding
Nifedipine-induced gingival hyperplasia: a comprehensive. Popular: amlodipine side effects in women; norvasc side effects in women; amlodipine besylate side effects in women; norvasc 5 mg side effects in women Amlodipine besylate side effects | women' health encyclopedia.
- Amlodipine-induced massive gingival hypertrophy - NCBI - NIH, The prevalence of amlodipine-induced gingival hypertrophy has been shown to be between 1.7% and 3.3%., The incidence of gingival hypertrophy with nifedipine Untreated gingival hypertrophy might lead to bleeding, infection, abscess, ulceration, cosmetic deficiency, and functional difficulty (eg, chewing, talking).
- Amlodipine-induced gingival overgrowth - NCBI - NIH, Enlargement was not associated with bleeding from the gums and loosening of teeth. Her past medical history revealed that the patient was hypertensive for last four years and was under medication (Amlodipine 5 mg, once daily). However, her past dental history was noncontributory. Her personal history reveled that she
- Amlodipine-induced Gingival Hyperplasia – A Case Report and, 11 Feb 2016 History revealed that the patient was diagnosed with hypertension six months previously and amlodipine (5 mg) was prescribed. At three months, the patient noticed the gingival enlargement and intermittent bleeding of the gums. On general examination, the patient was moderately built and nourished.
- Untypical Amlodipine-Induced Gingival Hyperplasia - Hindawi, 8 Jan 2015 The patient complained of masticatory problems due to extensive maxillary GO along with pain, bleeding, and foul odor. The clinical and the histological evidences were consistent with AIGO. The first line treatment consisted of the amlodipine substitution (amlodipine was replaced with enalapril, 5 mg/day)
- A Rare Case Report of Amlodipine-Induced Gingival Enlargement, 18 Jul 2013 Inflammatory cell infiltrate with PMLs and dilated blood capillaries with few areas of calcifications were also evident. Correlating history, clinical examination, and investigations, final diagnosis of combined gingival enlargement (amlodipine induced and inflammatory) was made. Patient was referred to
- Amlodipine (Oral Route) Precautions - Mayo Clinic, In some patients, tenderness, swelling, or bleeding of the gums may appear soon after treatment with this medicine is started. Brushing and flossing your teeth carefully and regularly and massaging your gums may help prevent this. See your dentist regularly to have your teeth cleaned. Check with your doctor or dentist if
- Nonsurgical Management of Amlodipine Induced Gingival, Gingival enlargement associated with Nifedipine was first reported in 1980's and is very rarely reported to be associated with Amlodipine and Felodipine. Gradually, gingival lobulations are formed that may appear inflamed or more fibrotic in nature, depending on the degree of local factorinduced inflammation. The fibrotic
- Amlodipine-Induced Gingival Enlargement—A Clinical Report, In the deeper connective tissue, severe chronic inflammatory infiltrate with some nerve bundles and blood vessels were seen (Figure 6). Histologically, the lesion was diagnosed as fibroepithelial hyperplasia, and was indicative of amlodipine-induced gingival hyperplasia based on clinical and histological evidence.
- Drug-Induced Gingival Hyperplasia: Background, Pathophysiology, 9 Dec 2016 Swelling of the gingival mucosa around the right lower canine and multiple areas of erythema, erosions, and bleeding throughout the upper gingival and for psoriasis, and numerous calcium channel blocker agents, including nifedipine and amlodipine, have also been associated with gingival overgrowth.
- Amlodipine induced gingival enlargement Gittaboyina S, Mana TK, 16 May 2016 A rare case of amlodipine-induced gingival overgrowth has been reported herein a 45-year-old female patient. Keywords: Amlodipine, drug substitution, gingival overgrowth, gingivectomy, scaling and root planing Enlargement was associated with bleeding from the gums and loosening of teeth.
- Amlodipine Advanced Patient Information - Drugs.com, In some patients, tenderness, swelling, or bleeding of the gums may appear soon after treatment with amlodipine is started. Brushing and flossing your teeth carefully and regularly and massaging your gums may help prevent this. See your dentist regularly to have your teeth cleaned. Check with your doctor or dentist if you
- Drug-Induced Gingival Hyperplasia Clinical Presentation: History, 9 Dec 2016 The onset of drug-induced gingival overgrowth in susceptible individuals is insidious. Gingival overgrowth is asymptomatic, except in the presence of poor oral hygiene and dental plaque because patients may develop bleeding with tender and swollen gums. Patients with mal-positioned teeth, periodontal
- amlodipin-induced gingival overgrowth and - Journal of IMAB, the gums, severe bleeding, bad breath, unsatisfactory esthetics and difficulty for maintaining the oral hygiene. The medical history revealed the patient had a metabolic syndrome - with high blood pressure, dyslipidemia, liver steatosis and gout. He was taking Norvasc (amlodipine) for 12 months / 10 mg a day for controlling